Wicked!! your goodies have arrived but now you are worried about how to wash your stash or nervous about those poop nappy moments?
No worries!! we have broken down the washing guide into easy to follow steps. Once you get into the groove of things you will realise how easy it is keeping your stash in great condition to use over and over.
1. Before use
Once you receive your items, wash them in cold water on a quick cycle. Please soak all inserts for 24 hours before use. These may need a few washes before reaching full absorbancy.
2. Dry Pailing and Dirty Nappies
Have a pail/bucket with lots of airflow (holes) to store your dirty nappies. Airflow=no poooweeee smells!!.
Dry pail for a maximum of 2 days before washing as this will avoid ammonia build up which can result in deterioration of your nappies. Overnight nappies wash after use due to the extended period they have been used for.
- Once off your little one, pull the inserts out of the shell. Easy as!
- Wee only nappies - "hey good news - These go straight into the pail"
- Soiled nappies - "these are the fun ones.....remove as much as you can into the toilet". We suggest getting a scrapper (make sure this is labelled poop!!!) to help remove and then rinse with warm water and place into pail.
- We suggest a warm short cycle wash with half the detergent recommended to remove heavy soil or excess urine prior to main wash. This will allow for the main wash to avoid dirty water when cleaning.
- Prewash every 1-2 days (over night nappies wash everyday).
- You can store these damp till enough for a main wash.
- Select the longest cycle on your machine.
- Add full amount of detergent.
- Fill your machine (if wet still from prewash then only to 3/4 full). you can add small items of clothing if not quite full to reach capacity.
- DO NOT USE ANY BLEACH, VINEGAR OR SOFTENERS.
Line dry all items with the shells pattern side away from direct sunlight preferably in the shade. This will help with longevity of the shells.